The Slowest Gravity



As you look at the page I look at a screen.
As you scan the words I search for them.
While you decode what is written,
I attempt to set down beauty.

And what is found is always less
Than what could be, and what could be
Is always less than what I hope for,
For I hope for perfection in all things.

As you scan the words I search for them.
I dredge up what I can from the vast dark well
That I call my soul.  I carry a reservoir of absence,
From which I shout incoherently in the unfathomable darkness.

While you decode what is written
I untangle constellations, rewire robins to speak Arabic.
I weave hurt into a warming blanket,
But beauty will not come.

Beauty will not come as I attempt
To set her down.  You can no less pin her
Than a ray of light hanging in smoke
Can be fixed to a wall.

While you decode what is written
I speak in haltering tones from my choked throat
Gasping final sentences.  You scan the words I have
Searched for.  We look at the page
and fall down it.



 This poem is taken from We r all one, we always win, 
available through etsy:
                           have a look at the book here...

Comments

Popular Posts